Jealousy will set in when you, as a lady discovers that your best friend really likes your boyfriend – sort of a crush on him. It is so normal for you to be jealous. But should you treat both of them with suspicion? No. That can complicate issues. You have to be very careful, and deal with the situation taking care of these tips below:
1. Be Patient with Your Friend: When such issue arises, you have to be very patient with your friend, and be sure you are not confused yourself.
2. Watch. Observe: It's possible that you're mistaking her behavior with your boyfriend as more than it really is, so make sure you gather enough evidence before doing anything that could possibly disrupt your friendship with her.
3. Talk to your boyfriend about it: You have to let your boyfriend know how you feel about the situation. Ask him: Has he noticed anything over-friendly about your friend? Does he feel uncomfortable around her? If he is sincere to answer these questions, he can put your feelings into consideration.
4. Leave her out of some things: If your friend seems to be overdoing it with your boyfriend, without seeming like you are avoiding her, gradually drop your friend from any activities that your boyfriend will be participating in.
5. Make sure your suspicions are well-grounded: Before you make any move, make sure that your suspicions are well-grounded, and not just a feeling of being threatened by her presence around your boyfriend. Just because there is another female hanging around him doesn't mean that he's going dump you for her.
6. Drop her hints: Be proud of your boyfriend in her presence! Sort of intimidating her about your boyfriend. Talk about how much you love your boyfriend, tell her stories about how well you work together, and/or tell her some of your plans for the future.
7. Let her know of your intention: Make it clear that you have no intention of breaking up with your boyfriend, and if you have to choose between her and him you'd choose him. And if your friend still does not get the hint, tell her straight out that he is your boyfriend and you don't like the way she's been acting around him.
8. If she doesn't stop, break up with her: If she still does not stop, you may have to break up your friendship with her. Let her know in a mature way that you are upset with her and don't like what she's doing and until she stops, you can't be friends with her.